Summer may be nearing its end, but here in Long Island, that just means that a fall season full of festivals, carnivals, and events is about to begin. Here is a list of some of the many September Long Island festivals (open to the public, family-friendly, and sometimes even free) to plan for in the coming weeks:
- Annual Greek Festival, Sept. 9-11: Offers Greek food, music, and more, in addition to a flea market and grand raffle. More info here.
- Stars & Stripes Festival, Sept. 16-18: A patriotic festival that has rides, games, food, vendors, and local bands. More info here.
- Annual Long Island Garlic Festival, Sept. 17-18: Celebrates all things garlic, with garlic-themed foods and crafts as well as music. More info here.
- Noche Latina Festival, Sept. 18: Brings together Long Island’s diverse Latino community with music, food, and art. More info here.
- Long Island Apple Festival, Sept. 25: Includes old-fashioned games, apple-head doll making, and an apple pie contest. More info here.
Be sure to stick together and stay hydrated at any festival you go to. And while you are in town, don’t forget to stop by at Nissan 112, where our enormous selection of vehicles might just include your new car!